My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Birthday









Yesterday I celebrated my birthday. It was a great day
filled with many good wishes on facebook, lunch with my
Mom at Red Lobster, hugs and love from my family, and hugs
and birthday wishes from my kids at the apartment!
In reflection, it was on my birthday 3 years ago that I
received the letter of acceptance from North American
Mission Board that I had been approved as a MSC missionary.
I remember getting a phone call when I was driving in Atlanta
from one of my daughters saying Mom you have a letter from
NAMB. I told them go ahead and open it and tell me what it
says. I got the great news in the car and remember saying
Praise God what a birthday present. Well last night on
my birthday I found out that my church had approved me as one
of their full time missionaries and will now be giving me
monthly support. Wow, another great birthday present from God!

We had a great time at the apartment yesterday. The weather
was wonderful so we helped the kids hurry with homework,
postponed childrens choir until later in the week when it is
suppose to rain and took the kids outside to play- soccer,
frisbee, and jumping rope. They had a blast!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

The pictures are so beautiful
God bless your new year