My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Apartment Ministry



I have been talking with some folks about literacy
missions. I actually had an offer to become
the director of a program.A few years ago I got
my certification in ESL-English as a Second Language.
I have used in lots on a one to one basis
in homes. Many People get trained to lead classes
but you really get to know people when you
work one on one with them. I am so excited
about working with Mom's in their homes. I
visited with some of the Mom's this week.
They are like my family. It is such a honor
to be invited into their homes. We are doing lots
of prep for our Honduras trip. We leave on July 2nd.
Some of the mothers have helped me with my Spanish.
Thursday we had a delicious meal of home cooked
Empanadas. What a wonderful meal and sweet time
of fellowship with 2 of the ladies and their families!

No comments: