My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Yesterday we went to Chamblee. I made homemade bread to
take to my Bengali family. When we got there they were
sleeping however so we didn't stay. The Mom seemed
excited to get the homemade bread. We had a nice talk
with one of the boys. We have been trying to encourage
him to get his GED. Right now he is working doing roofing.

This afternoon Deborah and I went to Clarkston to help
the children with their homework. It is a challenge because
there are so many kids and not enough helpers. Today Leah
stayed home because she has a bad cold and cough. 2 African
sisters who are older help the K- 2nd grade with their work.
Deborah helped them too. I had all the 3rd graders and some 2nd.
Bennett was rotating from table to table. Ms Susan had all the
4th and 5th graders in the back room. When all the younger kids
were done, Deborah and I went back to help with 4th and 5th.
Tim and Jesse got there around 5:00pm. Jesse teaches a guitar
class and Tim came in to help the older kids finish up their
work. Tim said a prayer for me and the Honduras team and trip.
We left a little early so I can try and get caught up with
things I have to get done before I leave, like my newsletter.
I leave on Saturday morning for Honduras.

No comments: