My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Monday, September 27, 2010

God's blessings in Macon

I spent the weekend in Macon at the Medical Center. I worked
36 hours- 3, 12 hour shifts. Sometimes it is a little
frustrating to me to have to be returning to Nursing
so that we can get by. I know beyond a shadow of a
doubt that God called me to full-time missions! I am
passionate about my calling. I love the people that I
work with so much. It doesn't matter what country, what
walk of life, what religion that they are. I love them.
I know that God loves them too! Missions is my heart and
soul and I can't imagine going back to life the way it
was before.

I have had to come to realize that God has allowed me to
be in this place for a reason and that He will sustain me
during this time. I had many experiences with patients
this weekend. Some were good and some were not so good.
But God lifted my spirits yesterday when I met a Dr. a
Pediatrician from Nigeria. Of course I ask him what
country he was from (imagine me asking that)! I shared
with him that I had several good friends from Nigeria and
that I work with a missionary from Nigeria. He
ask me about my work and what I was doing in Macon. I told
him that I was doing Nursing re-entry but that God had
called me into full-time missions and that I work with
refugees and immigrants in Atlanta. As it turned out
this Dr. has been on several medical mission trips and he
thanked me and gave me words of encouragement about working
in missions. What a blessing!

No comments: