My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Thursday, May 7, 2009





























Well, I have taken a week off from blogging. That doesn't mean we haven't been busy. I think this last week may have been one of the busiest weeks of my life. We had choir in Clarkston last Thursday afternoon and tonight. We will be breaking for the month of June but hope to start back in July. The kids are learning well. The older kids are not just learning to sing but I am able to teach music theory concepts to them as well. Many of the younger children are still learning English. With them we are concentrating right now on the songs and the music theory will come later.

We are down to the final week before the children's choir's at First Baptist Atlanta sing their spring musical "Simon Says." Everyone has been working hard to make it come together for the performance on May 13th. We had practice last night and have practice this Saturday for our dress rehearsal and run thru. Leah and Deborah both have special roles.

Last week I worked hard at getting out my monthly newsletter. Computer time has been limited because Rachel and Hannah were both trying to finish up papers and computer classes for college. As of today they are both done!

Monday afternoon and evening I was in Chamblee for ESL. Mark came and played basketball with the boys while I was inside teaching and visiting. I saw Miguel and his Mom. and we talked a long time.

Sarah is in the youth girl's ensemble at FBA. They sang at church last night and did a wonderful job!

Life has been busy with the children we keep:Lianka - 3, Benjamin - 23 months, Spencer - 21 months and Ondrej - 11 months. Life is usually quite exciting around here as we babysit and try to get our homeschooling done everyday. Thank goodness for summer break!

No comments: