My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Monday, July 13, 2009












Leah, Deborah, Ruth Fowler and I went to Clarkston
today. It was good to see the children and to talk with
Bennett and Lisa North about ministry there.

After I got home I had an email from Gail Roderick who has
just returned from Ukraine. My dear Ukrainian friend Nina
went home to be with the Lord. Nina was not that old by US
standards in fact her Mother is still alive and attends the
Voronkiv Baptist Church. Nina had heath problems and had to use
crutches to get around. But Nina was very involved in the
church. She always participated in praying out loud and reading
poems in church. She also counted the collection money after
every service. To Nina that wasn't enough. She desired to have
a ministry of her own. That is when she started a sock ministry.
You see Nina hand knitted wool socks for everyone in her church
every year. That was no small task. A few years ago I ask
Pastor Sasha if we could bring her some yarn. He just laughed
and said we don't buy yarn. People give her old sweaters and
she unravels them and uses that yarn to make the socks. I have
a pair of Nina's sock's. They are beautiful and I will always
treasure them. I don't wear them- they are too special!
I am so thankful that God allowed me to know Nina! I know she
is well now and singing praises to the King. She will be greatly
missed. Ya Tebe Lyu Blyu Nina!

No comments: