My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Sunday, July 5, 2009


Mark and I just spent a wonderful afternoon visiting
with a family from Bangladesh. They served us some
Bengali rice and eggs with cucumber, tomato, and lettuce.
Tomorrow is the Mom's birthday so I took her a present
and card in a gift bag. I bought a beautiful blue scarf,
the kind that they wrap around their head for prayer.
They are moving this week. We have become very close
over the last 8 months. I will miss them. Her sister's
family will be moving into their apartment. The mom
wanted to give me something. She said, "I want you to
remember me." I didn't want to take it but she gave me a
beautiful leather purse made in Bangladesh with a Bengali
towel and wallet for your -Taka- money. She insisted that
I have it. It was the purse that she came to America with
one year ago today! Before we went today, I prayed and ask
several people at church to pray, that I would be able to
give them a Bengali Bible. I purchased it online several
months ago and have been waiting for an opportunity to
give it to them without causing insult. Yes, Yes, Yes,
they took the new Bengali Bible and did not seem offended!
They even ask me how I had been able to get them a Bible
in their language. PTL!!!

No comments: