My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Saturday, October 3, 2009














Thursday and today we were in Clarkston. Thursday we
helped with homework and then had choir practice.
Today we brought pizza for the kids. First we ate, then
we had a 2 hour rehearsal. I am so proud of the children.
Most of them are trying really hard to do their best.
Some of the young, new children, hardly understand English,
but they are trying and that is what is important. The other
day I was helping out a 2nd grade boy from Bhutan. His
homework paper was on the days of the week. The 1st question
was, "How many days are in a week?" His answer was Monday.
When I tried to explain, he just looked at me with a blank
expression. I knew then that he didn't have a clue what I was
saying. It is not always easy helping the kids. But they
reward us with sweet smiles and big bear hugs. And then you
see their excitement when they finally "get it" or do
something well. Maybe we are making a difference one day
at a time and one child at a time.

No comments: