My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tables, Chairs, Incident, and Spanish Preschoolers


What a day! Spencer came as usual this morning around
8:00am. Sarah watched him while I went out around 10:00
to run some errands. I went out to pick up some tables
and chairs at one of our apartment complexes. On the way
I stopped off at Dollar General to buy a large trashcan
for our mission. When I was getting out of the truck a
huge gust of wind grabbed the drivers door right out of
my hand and sent the truck door slamming right into the
side of the car beside me. The lady that owned the car
was in the car. I apologized profusely through the window
but then I knocked on her window to show her the small
scratch and very small ding that my big truck door made
on her PT Cruiser. I took some photos and gave her my info.
If it had been my car I would have said don't worry and
that would have been the end of it. But not so for her. Mark
called her and we will see how much we will have to pay to
get it fixed for her. Mark said to me, "Cathy, how are we
going to pay for this?" My response to him was "Don't ask
me God is in control of the wind!"

Mark met me at the store after the incident and then we went
together to pick up the tables and chairs at Gwinnett Crossing.
I did explain nicely to the Assistant Manager that since they
told us no to working at their complex, we were going to be
working next door at The Falls. I explained to him that I would be
using the tables and chairs- which were Tim's(my NAMB supervisor)
over there. I told him that we were still praying that they would
one day want an afterschool program and mission again at GC but
that it just wouldn't be me since I would be working next door.
I shook his hand and told him, God Bless You! He sent a pleasant
man to meet me at the clubhouse and we leaded up the table and
chairs. I drove home with a truck load to take to the apartment.

At 3:00pm we left for the apartment mission loaded down
with tables, chairs, games, refreshments, books and
preschool lessons. Paola, who normally works with the
preschoolers called to say she was going to be late so
I had the preschoolers today. These precious children are
ages 2-5 and speak only Spanish at home. With a little help
from one of the Mom's and older children I muddled through
2 stories - 1 simple story of creation, we did a craft, I
tried to teach then 4 songs. They don't sing yet. I even
managed Jesus Loves Me in Spanish but they had never heard
it before. Afterwards we handed out refreshments.

When all the children went home we set up the new tables and
chairs, rearranged, and cleaned the mission. On the way home
I stopped off at School Box to buy some Spanish/English
flash cards for one of the Kindergarten students who
needs to improve her academic skills before a May meeting
or be held back in school.

I picked up Hannah at work at 7:00 and then finally went
home and ate a quick piece of pizza before heading out
to Kroger to buy the food we need to pack for the Atlanta
Passion Play retreat this weekend. Got home at 9:00 am
writing this and now I am glad it's time for bed.

No comments: