My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Winter Woes

It is always a little difficult for me not to get into the Winter Woes during this time of year. It has been especially hard for me this year because of several things. First I gave up my full-time missions job in August due to several reasons and I do miss the people. I also had a very bad case of Bronchitis/Pneumonia which began before Thanksgiving and lasted well into Christmas. I found it increasingly difficult to work midnight shift at my Nursing job because I just wasn't getting any sleep. Let's face it I am a missionary at heart and will always be!! When I get the opportunity to be out and about with some of the families from the apartments it is encouraging! This past week I had the chance to go for an afternoon of coffee with some of the Mom's and of course I really enjoyed my hugs and kisses from the sweet children. I even took along a home made pie and coffee from Honduras! I also was ask to attend a Birthday Party for one of the children. Of course Mark and I were the only Gringos! Mark agreed to go with me since it was in the evening but he didn't really quite understand why they planned a birthday party on Super Bowl Sunday in the evening. As it turned out he got to watch the whole 1st half on a TV much larger than ours. Of course the other men were all outside engaging in talk and other things. I always enjoy being among the people no matter what and I was thankful for God's sweet reminders that He is not finished with me yet!

No comments: