My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Thursday, February 21, 2013

God's Provision

A few weeks ago I came to a difficult decision to leave my nursing job. I took the job 1 1/2 yrs ago to supplement our income. I loved my job but the only problem was it was night shift. After a long spell of not sleeping well in the day or at night(on the nights I didn't work) and after using several different prescription sleeping pills I decided that maybe it was time to leave. My Rheumatologist even said in early January that I should not be working any more night shifts. My husband also agreed and I turned in my resignation. The 1st 2 weeks all I did was sleep. I could hardly get out of bed as my body tried to catch up. I commented to several people about how I didn't know how we were going to eat but that I knew that God knew. I also felt a huge calling to return full-time to a missions job which of course is support based. The 1st week after I left my job I was talking with a friend in the hall at church about steps of faith and about God's calling on my life. I left that person and started walking down the hall. Another friend who works in an Optometrist office stopped me in the hall and said Cathy try these on. She pulled out a pair of brand new glasses frames. They fit perfectly. She told me if I went and got an eye exam than she would see about getting my precription lenses put into the frames. Wow, What a blessing. I have needed new glasses for a few years and have to squint to read. Then on Tuesday of this week I went to help a Pastor's family. I was there most of the day. I really didn't do that much helped- watch the baby, helped the children with their homework. Not only did they feed me while I was there but the Pastor's wife gave me beef, chicken, fish, onions, beets, yams, potatoes, garlic, and ricotta cheese. Today as I cook a Russian cheesecake, yams, fish I am so grateful for God's faithfulness to me and His provision!

No comments: