My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Friday, February 25, 2011

New Friend


Usually when I'm out I look for people
from other countries and listen for different
languages. Many times a word to the people I
see in their language brings about conversation
and a opportunity to share the gospel. Wednesday
I was at church and I walked over to the costume
shop for Atlanta Passion Play. A young man walked
in to get a costume. I could tell by his accent
and his name that he was African. I have been
around the APP for a long time and I knew I did
not know him so I started a conversation by asking
him where he was from. He told me he was from West
Africa- Benin. He has only been in the states for
about a year or two and this is his 1st time in the
play. I introuduced him to Mark, my Dad, and a few
others so he would know some people as we get more
and more involved in the upcoming play. Later he ask
me to come back over. He pulled out a CD and told me
he was a singer and he wanted me to have it. I was
very excited. The CD is named "Confirmation" and
on the front it says Jesus Is Lord! I can't tell
you how I have enjoyed listening to Bruno sing
songs about the Lord in African style music.
What a blessing from meeting a new friend!!

No comments: