My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Thursday, June 11, 2009



I got a call last night from a sweet lady at Azalea that
needed help. I went over to Azalea Place this morning at
8:15am so that I could take her to FODAC- Friends of Disabled
Adults and Children,to see if they could fix her wheelchair.
We just had a series of problems. She couldn't get in my
truck. The chair was very heavy. Her son and I couldn't lift
it, but we finally got it loaded with the help of some of the
Chinese team that is working at Azalea this week. I had her call
FODAC to let them know I was coming. When she called them it
seems they had changed their policy. We couldn't bring the
chair until she called for an appointment next week and then
they can't get her an appointment until July. We unloaded
the chair with the help of a Hispanic resident. Well she can't
get around even in her apartment without a working chair. I
had to go to First Baptist Atlanta to pick up pink envelopes
for my mission trip today so I decided to see if the church had
a chair she could borrow. God was good!! Pastoral Care had
2 chairs available. Only 1 of them had removable sides. I
signed some paperwork and loaded up the chair in the truck.
I took the chair back over to Azalea and her son and I got
her set up. It's not the best chair for her but at least she
can get to the bathroom.

Since I was in still in Chamblee at lunch I picked up some
Chinese take out and went and met Rachel for a late lunch.
She is house/dog sitting this week for her employer. I hadn't
seen her since I got back from beach camp. We had a good
Mom daughter lunch together! I was very tired this afternoon
so I took a 2 hour nap so I could get re energized for another
day tomorrow.

No comments: