My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Monday, August 3, 2009










Life goes on now matter how busy we are! Last week we
had quite a few adventures. We started the week with
emergency trip to North Georgia. David and some friends
had gone tubing in N GA and the car keys slipped off of
the hook that was attached to his bathing suit. The keys
were lost in the bottom of the river. Mark went and got
them that night but the next day after David made a trip
to the car dealership (these new fangled key codes and
computer chips) Sarah and I made a round trip to take
him back up to get the car. It took almost the whole day.

Later in the week I went by to check one of the young
Mom's who has been having some medical issues. I took
her some medicine with instructions on how to take it all.
I also made more calls on churches introducing myself and
seeing if we could get school supplies for the children at
the missions. So far only 2 churches have said they could
probably help.

On Thursday, one of our friends a homeschooling Mom of 9
children, former member at First Baptist Atlanta, died
suddenly of a heart attack. She was 51 years old. Mark
actually has known her for a very long time
because they went to school at Woodward Academy together.
Today, Leah, Deborah, and I attended the funeral. Sonja
was always an encouragement to me on raising a large family
and homeschooling. We were also both Nurses.

Sunday we had a Honduras team meeting. Time is getting
close only 4 weeks so we have alot of things to get
finalized. I found out that we will be staying in a small
town called Gracias which is about a 4 1/2 hour ride from
San Pedro Sula where we will land. Everyday we will ride up
into the mountains to work with an indigenous people
group. The ride up the mountain will be about an hour one
way. The church on the mountain has no electricity so we
may experience some real culture shock. It will be very
remote.

Tonight we went to Chamblee to Azalea Place Apartments. Mark
played a little basketball with some of the boys. We went
and visited with a new family from Bangladesh. They are
related to the family that we have been working with who
just moved. We had a great visit. I think the Mom who is a
sister of the Mom I have been teaching would love for me to
teach her now! When I introduced myself and said, I am Cathy,
she said, "I know." They have been expecting me to come. I
wanted to give everyone a chance to get moved around. They
have moved into the sister's apartment when the sister moved
to Macon. This whole family is so sweet and has become like
family to us,. It will be a pleasure to get to know another
one of the sister's!

No comments: