My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Saturday, November 8, 2008










The last month Mark and I started working in the International community again here in Atlanta, Georgia. I have had a break from working the past months due to some health problems. Now I am much better and loving every minute being back out with people. The first week back we helped with a team from Alabama. They were very nice and had a great program and day planned with the kids in Chamblee. I have started working with new Mom's or Mom's who are expecting using my Nursing background. I have also been hanging out with the kids at the apartments in Chamblee and Clarkston helping with the afterschool program.

Last Saturday we helped with an event in Clarkston. Another missionary and I ended up taking a Mom from Burma and her sick 7 month old baby to the Doctor. We bought a
thermometer, baby tylenol and pedialyte and taught the Mom how to use them with the
help of her young niece who was translating for us.

Today Mark, Leah, Deborah and I popped over to the apartment in Chamblee to check on
my 2 young mothers. I started teaching a young Mom about childbirth. Her baby is due in March. Mark played basketball with one of the boys from Bangladesh. Leah and Deborah played with his sister who was close to their age. We had cookies for the kids who came over to the mission. While Mark was playing ball, I noticed the boys parent's watching intently. I decided to go up and introduce myself. "As Salama Lakum," I greeted them in Arabic. They warmly greeted me in return and invited me in to their
apartment. We had a wonderful conversation. They showed me their family picture and told me how they came to the United States 4 months ago. They then invited me to have refreshments at their table. I was served some sweet noodles and cola. Mark, Leah and Deborah came in with their children and were also served. The Mom is interested in learning to speak English. I am hoping to be able to help her.

No comments: