My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Saturday, November 22, 2008






This has been a wild week. We have had car situations as a family and it has been hard to get out to the apartments. This morning, Deborah and I met Annie, a worker from World Relief in Clarkston so that I could teach a young Burundian Mom from Africa about taking care of her newborn. She has 2 children, a son who is 5, and a 3 week old baby. They have been in the US for about a year. She does not speak much English so her brother, came to translate for us into Swahili. We had a very good learning session. The baby is doing fine. Mom is not feeling well so we went and bought some prenatal vitamins and took them back to her apartment. Nursing Moms need to continue on prenatal vitamins as long as they are breastfeeding a baby. We got some children's vitamins for her 5 year old son too.
I really enjoyed our visit with them today!

This afternoon, Deborah and I went out to see the youn Mom in Chamblee. She is feeling good and has had a good week. She filed for unemployment this week. I taught her more information on childbirth. She seems encouraged. Next Saturday I am going to meet her and take her to lunch. I am looking forward to this time with her.

No comments: