My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Thursday, January 22, 2009










All this week I have been at training at North American Mission Board in Alpharetta.
It has been intense. I leave the house about 6:30am. Training lasts all day. Last night I had to go straight to church, teach children's choir, go to adult choir practice, then stay for passion play practice. We got home about 10:30. I was up until after midnight planning out children's choir for tonight at the apartment with the refugee children. I am hoping too rest up some this weekend.

Tonight was awesome and made all the effort worth it. Mark, Leah, Deborah, and I brought 8 boxes of pizza for the kids supper. Creatively we stretched the pizza so that all the kids got 2 pieces each. They were very grateful. We got a late start singing. First we did a loud silly song called "Dr. Knickerbocker." They loved it. Then we started working on a song from last week, "Step by Step." They did a great job remembering all that I had taught them before, so we started adding hand motions. As I looked around the room while I was singing with them, directing, and doing hand motions, I just gasped in awe. Here in this very room, in an apartment complex, represented by 28 different countries from Somalia, Ethiopia, Burma, Bhutan, Afghanistan, and many more, there were literally a room full of children singing praise songs to God. Wow, Wow, Wow!! How blessed I am to be a very small part of what a very big God is doing in the lives of others.

No comments: