My Life Verse

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Great Commission

Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Monday, January 12, 2009






This weekend was very full. I took an ESL class from 9-6 on Saturday. Sunday, we sang in choir. We heard a wonderful message on "Waiting on God." After church we attended a meeting with the Ethiopian short-term mission team about their recent trip in December. Afterwards we went to the Atlanta Passion Play company meeting. When the APP meeting was over we went to the cast party for "Here's Love" the play that Mark, Leah, Deborah, and I were in at Christmas at First Baptist Atlanta.

Today, we spent alot of time doing school. Spencer and Lianka were here. Late this afternoon, Mark and I went to Chamblee. I met with an expectant Mom. Her baby is due in 9 weeks. I really only need to finish up teaching her about newborn care and safety. She is getting excited about the baby.

Mark and I went over to a Bengali family's apartment. I spent some time teaching Mom English. She knows English. She can read and write English but she can't speak it. I encouraged the daughter to spend 10 minutes a day talking with her Mom in English. We enjoyed some wonderful food and tea with them. Mark and the son played basketball. The Dad has been out of work. He found a job at a gas station in Macon. He hasn't been home the last several times that I have visited their family. While I was teaching English tonight, they were teaching me some Bengali. Mom tells the children to call me Aunt Cathy. She says that we are sisters.
I really enjoy spending time with them.

No comments: